Veneers are thin shells of resin or porcelain that are placed over the outsides of your teeth. They are used to fix aesthetic flaws such as discoloration, chips, cracks, and gaps. Unlike crowns, veneers only cover the fronts of your teeth. They are bonded with dental adhesives.
Advantages of veneers
- Veneers can help patients achieve a white, uniform, and straight smile.
- Veneers can also be used to close gaps between teeth, making the smile look uniform and symmetrical.
- The process for placing veneers is quite simple and less time-consuming.
- Veneers do not require the removal of a large amount of natural tooth enamel.
- They are quite long-lasting, durable, and stain-resistant.
What are veneers used for?
Veneers can address the following concerns:
- Crooked teeth: Veneers won’t necessarily straighten teeth, but they can cover and straighten teeth that are crooked or poorly spaced.
- Misshapen or asymmetrical teeth: Veneers can be shaped to fit the natural contour of your teeth, making them ideal if you have misshapen teeth, such as uneven or pointy teeth.
- Gaps between teeth: Veneers can be used to close small gaps between teeth.
- Discoloration or staining: Veneers can be shaded to closely match the color of your teeth, making them ideal for teeth that are discolored or stained.
When are veneers a good option for me?
Our dentist may recommend veneers if you have one or more teeth that are chipped, stained, misshapen, or gapped. Veneers are thin shells that slip over your existing teeth. They can fix a variety of minor imperfections. If you’re self-conscious about your smile, veneers are a good choice. Also, they do not require multiple dental office visits and are placed with ease, making them highly sought-after. They can give you a perfect smile by mimicking the aesthetics of your adjoining natural teeth.
How do I care for veneers?
Veneers are made of a thin porcelain shell that bonds to the enamel of natural teeth. They are also resistant to stains, so you won’t have to worry about them looking discolored over time. They can last for ten years or longer, depending on how you take care of them. Once you get veneers, you can care for them like you would your natural teeth. Continue to maintain good oral hygiene by brushing twice a day and flossing once a day. Also, avoid biting or chewing hard objects as this may damage them.
To find out more about the dental services offered at Farmington Family Dental, call (573) 756-5760 or schedule an online consultation. You can also visit us at 807 East Karsch Blvd, Farmington, Missouri, 63640, US.